Friday, November 16, 2007

My Favorite Moments

At eighteen months, here are some of my favorite moments with Elizabeth:
  • listening to her laugh uncontrollably as she plays with her daddy
  • telling her "I have a secret" and then whispering in her ear "Psss Psss Psss Psss"
  • watching her figure something out (like how to unlock the tot locks on the cabinets) for the first time and then beaming with pride
  • getting a wet, slobbery kiss from her on the lips
  • having her identify the parts of her body
  • watching her look for the foam letters I, X, Y, and J in the bathtub
  • reading the same book over and over and over to her
  • watching her talk back to the finger puppet in her Little Lamb book
  • hearing her imitate an elephant and watching her do the hand motions that go with the sound
  • listening to her identify all the members of my family (Mama, Dada, Papa, Maama, CeCe)
  • watching her read her nursery rhymes book and doing the motions that go with each rhyme
  • kissing the soft, blond curls (that I prayed for when I was pregnant!) on the top of her head
  • praying with her at dinnertime and watching her bow her head and say "Amen" when we finish
  • watching her suck her two fingers and knowing that at eighteen months, she already has her nervous habit

Thank you, Lord, for the incredible privilege of being able to watch her develop into who you have created her to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

My Life As I Know It

The Blog of Robyn C. Liskey