Thursday, March 6, 2008

Where Have You Been?

My husband hates when I ask that question. It implies accountability, and sometimes I think he thinks I'm checking up on him like his step-mom or father used to do when he was a teenager. I tell him I'm just curious and want to make sure he is okay. I don't mind the question because to me it implies that someone cares about what I've been up to, what I've been doing, and where I'm going. So tonight, I'll tell you where I've been.

On Monday, I thought I was having contractions already (I'm currently 36 weeks along in my pregnancy). So since then, I've been...
  • to the doctor's office for him to tell me that I'm not having contractions.
  • to two different baby stores to purchase those last minute, extremely important items that you can't leave the hospital without (a carseat being one of them)
  • to the store to buy Dreft, size 1 diapers, food, and other essentials that will be needed once baby is here
  • to the car wash (I want my baby to come home in a clean car, I decided)

In short, I've been like the Energizer bunny this week, getting ready for this baby. Some call it nesting. I call it panic. Suddenly I'm realizing that my life is going to drastically change in a few weeks, and I'm doing everything I can to prepare for it.

And in the midst of all of this, I look at Elizabeth and I realize my time with just her is limited now too. And I am sad about that.

So many emotions. So much anticipation. In a few weeks, it will all be over, and a new life will be mine to care for. Life is happening, and I am right in the middle of it.

3 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

Life in the middle is good. Also, it is nesting. =)

Taylor Gage said...

wow u go girl so what are your names ????

Robyn Liskey said...

isabella, if it's a girl.

will, if it's a boy.

My Life As I Know It

The Blog of Robyn C. Liskey