Saturday, March 21, 2009

3.2

Weight Loss this month (yes, it's been that long since I've blogged): 3.2 pounds
Weight Loss to date: 14.8 pounds

For those of you who worried that I had fallen off the wagon, not to fear! I haven't. I've just been busy. My weight loss is not what I had hoped for so far, but at least I am losing and not gaining. I think to really lose the weight I want to in the time I want to, I'm going to have to step up the exercising. I am exercising at least three times a week, but I think it is now time to up it up to 5 days a week. And now that report cards and conferences are over, I have no other excuse!

Not that I don't have any motivation. The designer jeans are still looming out there. And so is my closet full of clothes that has been stationary for the past year and a half. And then there's Elizabeth...yesterday when I was tired from a long week of work and was very close to wimping out of Tae-Bo, she nearly had a meltdown that we were NOT going to do Tae-Bo. So I got off my sorry butt, and worked out with her. She might just be better than I am at some of the moves.

So my goal for this week is to workout five days this week and to track my food in my food journal (I'm still on Weight Watchers, but I've been lazy and have been keeping track of my points in my head. Not the best when it's late at night and I'm trying to figure out if I have enough points for a Skinny Cow.)

My recipe for the week has become our new favorite. If you love jambalaya, you'll love this one. Enjoy!

Shrimp Jambalaya

2 tbsp. margarine
2 medium-sized onions, chopped
2 green bell peppers, chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
1 cup chopped, cooked lean ham
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 cups uncooked minute rice
1 1/2 cups fat-free low sodium beef broth
28 oz. can low-sodium chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp. chopped parsley, fresh or dried
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 lb shelled, deveined, medium-sized shrimp

1. One half hour before assembling recipe, melt margarine in slow cooker set on high. Add onions, peppers, celery, ham, and garlic. Cook 30 minutes.
2. Add rice. Cover and cook 15 minutes
3. Add broth, tomatoes, 2 tbsp. parsley, and remaining seasonings. Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
4. Add shrimp. Cook on high 30 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.

Makes 8 servings. 3 points per serving.

No comments:

My Life As I Know It

The Blog of Robyn C. Liskey