Saturday, February 28, 2009

Accountable

I don't want to write this post tonight. I have put it off for the past 12 hours. I have been very good this week. I stayed within my points. I resisted the donuts from Henry's on Friday in the lounge, as well as other goodies throughout the week. I exercised HARD for 3 days. And yet, when I got on the scale this morning, I was 1.2 up from last week. I don't know how this is possible, and I don't know why. But I am, and as much as I didn't want to admit this to all of you who read my blog and keep me accountable, I must remain true to the commitment I made 2 months ago. I will blog about my weight loss, good or bad, every Saturday. So here I am.

I'm not going to get upset about it. I know from previous weight losses that this happens every now and then. My body will plateau for a while and then suddenly I will lose again. I just need to remain consistent and steadfast. I still want to lose another ten pounds before my son's first birthday, and I will passionately work towards that this month.

In an effort to spice up my blogs (no pun intended), I thought I might share a recipe a week that has helped me in my weight loss. Most of my recipes will be crock-pot recipes (since that is how I am cooking lately), but all of them will be yummy, I promise. This week's recipe is for Chicken Tortilla Soup (only 6 points per serving!)

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans of black beans, undrained
2 cans of Rotel tomatoes
1 cup salsa
1 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies, undrained
1 14 1/2 oz. can of tomato sauce
Baked tortilla chips
2 cups grated fat-free cheese

Combine all ingredients except chips and cheese in large slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low 8 hours. Just before serving, remove chicken breast and slice into bite-sized pieces. Stir into soup. To serve, put a handful of chips in each individual soup bow. lade soup over ships. Top with cheese. Makes 8 servings.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenny Spence said...

That recipe sounds yummy, Robyn! In a very selfish way, I really like your idea for spicing up your blog. I love new recipes!

My Life As I Know It

The Blog of Robyn C. Liskey