Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bruin Woods 2010


We spent our second week of summer at our all time favorite vacation spot...Bruin Woods! Now, as a Cal grad, I must state that my allegiances are always to my alma mater. However, when it comes to a fantastic, relaxing, and enjoyable family vacation, Bruin Woods takes the cake. We had a fabulous week of swimming, eating, and clapping (the 8 clap, that is). Elizabeth was in the Teddy Bears Group, and she had a wonderful time experiencing the freedom that Bruin Woods allowed her. She also performed in the family talent show by singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and totally stole the show (if I do say so myself!) Mike and I both noticed how much our kids had grown just in one week, socially and developmentally. Will started speaking in complete sentences and made friends with all of the student staffers. We felt so blessed to have these amazing UCLA students not just befriend, but seriously love on our kids and make them feel so special. This was our second year going, and we are so glad this has become a family tradition for us. What a great way to start the summer!

No comments:

My Life As I Know It

The Blog of Robyn C. Liskey