Sunday, July 18, 2010

Date with Mommy


Elizabeth and Daddy went on a date to see "Toy Story 3," so Will and I had a date as well. We went to South Coast Plaza, rode the escalator 2 times, hit a great sale at Pottery Barn, went on the carousel, and had lunch at the Corner Bakery. Both parties were entertained - a key ingredient for a good date.


As I sat next to my son and he ate his peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I realized that he is already two. Two. Two years have passed since I gave birth to him and he entered our lives. I remember life before Will, when it was just Mike and Elizabeth and me, but I cannot imagine life without him. He is such a character right now, parroting everything he hears, running everywhere he goes, cracking himself up at who knows what. He literally brightens my day when I see him running towards me. It's sometimes the best part of my day.


Mike and I have been having regular date nights this summer, but date nights with kids are just as important. They make us focus on the other person and appreciate the little things about them. I'd love to hear your ideas about dates with kids. What do you do?


1 comment:

Sarah Markley said...

i love that. i feel like i do this all the time (so does chad) but it isn't intentional. because of the differences of their ages there are often natural times when i'm alone with each of them.

i like the idea of being intentional about it.

and riding escalators can be fun, right?? =)

My Life As I Know It

The Blog of Robyn C. Liskey