Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Major Decisions


OK. So it's been a while since my last blog. The reason...well, let's just say I've had to make some major decisions in my life, and I just wasn't ready to blog about them yet. But now I am, so here it goes.

On July 25th, I found out that I was pregnant again. This was a shock and surprise to me, as I truly thought it was going to take us a while to conceive again (it took us almost two years to get pregnant with Elizabeth!) I waited until I was almost 5 days late before I even took a test, and the first test I took was an expired one. When it came back positive, I still didn't believe it and so I went to Rite Aid and bought the $17 pregnancy test. When it also came back positive, I figured it must be true, and so this story begins. I am currently 8 weeks along, and am feeling all of the joys of pregnancy, my nausea being the worst!

At about the same time that I found out I was pregnant, we were interviewing daycare providers for my daughter Elizabeth. With me working part-time, this has been a difficult search. We have gone down every avenue of daycare within the city of Orange: licensed daycares, unlicensed in-home daycares, looking on Craigslist.com, and finally nannies. We thought we had someone that was perfect, but when we offered her the job, she politely declined. And after the last nanny asked for $125 a day, I looked at my husband and started crying. It was clear what the Lord was telling us: I needed to stay home fulltime.

And of course, after you make a HUGE decision like that, the enemy starts attacking you, and that's exactly what he did to us. In the last week, I think I have shed more tears than I have all year (of course, some of that may also be from those lovely pregnancy hormones!) There were several hurdles to jump over once we made this decision, but after each hurdle the Lord has carried us over it and continually confirmed that this is His calling for me this year. Everyday I am feeling more and more confident of this decision for our family.

So, that's why I haven't been blogging. But guaranteed, I'm back and I'm looking forward to sharing more of my new life with you as I get the chance. Thanks for reading, and thanks for not giving up on me!

2 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

I am soooo looking forward to hearing you write about your "new life". I am proud of you, Robyn.

tiffsblog said...

I know you are doing the right thing. It is wonderful to be at home watching every moment of your kids lives. I just wanted you to know that God will honor your decision. I love your heart.
Keep seeking Him!
Love you.

My Life As I Know It

The Blog of Robyn C. Liskey