Sunday, February 17, 2008

Beware

Beware of what learning a lesson from God will do to you. Beware of thinking you have learned that lesson and that you can move on with your life. Beware of being overconfident in yourself and not in the Lord.

I was struck by the enemy this weekend. After coming to grips with my full-time working situation, I thought I was doing well. I blogged about it, I talked to friends about it, I was at peace about it. The enemy knew this and hit me in my Achilles heel, right when I wasn't looking. I won't go into major details, but basically I have been in a funk this weekend that resembled my old days of depression. Thankfully, only a few people had to deal with the fall-out from this (my husband and my mom), and praise God that today's sermon was the medication I needed to get out of this funk. I am better now, but I know that that won't last long if my eyes are not on the eternal prize.

Also, beware of Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate Covered Pretzels. As good as they taste, they are not a satisfying solution to depression.

1 comment:

Sarah Markley said...

I love you...and I agree about the TJ's pretzels.

My Life As I Know It

The Blog of Robyn C. Liskey