Sunday, February 10, 2008

Perspective

Sometimes I think the Lord gives us a small peek into His big plan. It isn't an overarching view allowing complete comprehension, but it is a keyhole that pacifies us until the complete plan can be revealed. He doesn't have to give it to us. He is God and He is Lord. We are not on a contract basis in which I trust Him only if He tells me what's going on. I trust Him because He is God and He is Lord, and if He chooses to give me some perspective on His plan, that is just icing on the cake, so to speak.

On Thursday I was given a little bit of perspective. After coming to peace with not being able to job share and letting go of that dream, I was informed that my current administrator is not allowing job shares on our campus. So even if I had tried to job-share at my present school, I would not be allowed to and would have to find another school to work at. Not an impossible task, but also not an easy task, especially with a 2 year old and a newborn at home.

So maybe God was protecting me. And maybe He has even greater plans for me than just job-sharing. Or maybe He doesn't, and He simply wants me to continue to trust Him. Either way, I'm thankful for the bit of perspective He has so graciously bestowed on me. It may be only 1/32 of the picture, but that's 1/32 more than what I had on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Sarah Markley said...

I love you Robyn and your wonderful attitude. Side note, the ultrasound picture looks JUST LIKE ELIZABETH! =)

My Life As I Know It

The Blog of Robyn C. Liskey