Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Charma

Elizabeth has developed a liking towards Parmesean cheese lately. "Charma, charma!" as she calls it. She will dip anything and everything into the pile of pale yellow dust-like particles: noodles, carrots, sandwich crusts, her fingers. I had to draw the line at pancakes, however. That was just a little too gross for me.

I'm not sure why she likes it. Perhaps it's the cheesy taste. Perhaps it's the novelty of dipping and being in control of her food. Or perhaps it's the fact that after she eats "charma", we have to get the vacuum (her very favorite toy!) out and clean it all up. I'm not sure which reason it is, but she loves it.

She loves "charma" unconditionally, without reservation, without reason. It doesn't matter what she eats it with; she loves it. It doesn't matter why she eats it; she loves it. I hate to connect everything to a higher meaning, but I sure wish I could love people the way Elizabeth loves "charma."

2 comments:

Taylor Gage said...

oh how cute hey r u going to find out if baby 2 is a boy or girl it cute allready

Sarah Markley said...

Charma rocks! It is more like ketchup in my house...but I never thought of letting Naomi put cheese on stuff. She might eat her veggies then!

My Life As I Know It

The Blog of Robyn C. Liskey